50 shades of brown.
It has not only been marbled in the property in Falköping. It has been veined a lot too! There are three floors in the house and 3-5 large double doors per floor. Almost all of them were previously grain painted, but unfortunately all of them were also quite badly worn and needed to be repaired in several places. So I've also dabbled with that. Fixed a lot of doors! It's probably one of the hardest things to do, I think. To first repair and then find exactly the right color so that the repairs are not visible and at the same time paint in the same way/technique as someone else. But it went great! I won't bore you with pictures of all the doors, but here are some pictures of some of them.
Here is one of the first pictures I took of the doors on the third floor. The left one should be painted and imitate the right door.
The door lining and also the door on the right must be painted the same as the middle part. I use the "salmon pink" color as the basis for the wood grain. The working sample on the floor shows a little how the layers are built up step by step.
And this is how it turned out afterwards!
A new floor has also been installed here, the walls have been painted and the chest panel has been put up. As well as some lighting.
Fixing another door on floor three.
This is how it turned out afterwards. Here, parts of the old grain painting remain and so I have painted only the damaged parts that were painted white in the previous picture. The floor molding and door lining have also been grain painted and color matched.
Here is an example of another repair on the second floor. The painters have prepared the damaged parts and now it's up to me to try to make it dissapear with paint.
There is a lot to work with.
I build it up layer by layer.
A little worse light in this picture, but this is how it turned out afterwards. The pilaster on the right has also been painted as Carrara marble.
Beautiful floor plan!
On the other side of the floor plan we have these doors. There I repaired some boards on each door and colored in the door lining.
Inside one of the apartments, I also colored in the window moldings and the door lining and repaired small holes.
And this is how it turned out afterwards. I would love to have a hall like that!
There were some examples from the doors but I just have to show some glimpses from the great hall also in this apartment where I repaired some damage in existing murals. Such a beautiful "room"!
Here you can see some before and after pictures from the murals.
This is one of many apartments that you can rent from Sekelhus. With tiled stove in almost every room. So beautiful! Now I have finished painting for this time. Thank you, Bosse, for allowing me to be with you and paint a little bit of everything possible this spring. It's been great fun!